Local Governing Body
Our Local Governing Body, made up of 8 members representing different parts of the school community – parents, teaching staff, local community and local authority. The full Local Governing Body meets six times a year. Governors make regular visits in to school and have access to training to help them undertake their role. The Head of School and Local Governing Body are accountable to Shrewsbury Academies Trustees.
To contact our Chair of Governors, Mr David Roberts, please telephone the school office on 01630 652312.
Governors are appointed for a four year period of office and are from a wide range of professions to bring expertise to the leadership and management of Longlands Primary School. The Governing Body is responsible for ensuring that Longlands is well led and holds the Headteacher to account for all aspects of the school. They are closely involved in strategic planning and future direction of the school. Governors meetings this year will focus on the core functions which are:
- Vision and Ethos of the school
- Strengths / Areas for development of the School -- Monitoring and Evaluating
- Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Pupil Premium provision
- Sports provision and monitoring of the Sports Grant
- Safeguarding, Children in Care and Vulnerable Groups
- Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education
- Engaging Key Stakeholders
- Health and Safety
- Financial Management
- Performance Management of the Head of School and teaching staff
- Monitoring the website
Please click here to read our Governors Visit Policy.
To see information of responsibilities and attendance of meetings September 2016 - August 2017 please click here .
To view the Shrewsbury Academies Trust Governors please click here.
To view the Scheme of Delegation/Terms of Reference please click here.
To view Annual Financial Statements please click here.