Longlands Primary School uses Engaging Science which is a Primary scheme of work based on the principles that:
- Science is best taught through practical sessions and investigation
- Pupils should be encouraged to think both scientifically and creatively
- Curiosity, wonder, humour and even disgust are emotions that build engagement in science
- Science should take advantage of the many opportunities the outdoor environment offers to learn science in context
- The teaching of science should be rigourous and ensure that pupils of all abilities make progress
- Assessment in science should be based on what pupils demonstrate they can do in lessons rather than on tests.
For further information on Engaging Science, please visit the link here.